Saturday, January 23, 2010

Anil Kapoor makes his debut on American television


Anil Kapoor has made his debut on the American television through the 8th season of the Emmy awards winning TV series 24 which premiered this Sunday on 17th January. In This action-packed drama, Anil plays the leader of a middle-eastern country depicting a 24-hour period in the life of a government agent fighting fictitious terrorist threats to the US. Anil will be seen as an Indian counter-terrorist cop who works with Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland), an agent for the Los Angeles Counter Terrorist Unit.

Explaining the reason for playing the middle-eastern character, Anil says, “I am very clear that I won’t play Indian characters in international projects unless they’re really special. I’ve told my agent to seek out parts that are not culture-specific, but have character.”
In a recent interview to Fox News, Anil said, “It’s the first time that I’m doing television. I’ve been doing feature films for around 30 years. Not only was I excited that I was doing 24, but I was also anxious and nervous that I was doing something for the first time in my life.”
“People told me, `No matter what happens, you have to be on 24! My son, my daughter, my friends. 24 is very popular in India. Five or six years back, I was introduced to it by my colleagues who would watch it in their trailers,” added Kapoor.
24, that went on air in 2001, is the second-longest running espionage series, after the Mission: Impossible series.

No comments:

Post a Comment