Friday, January 29, 2010

Rakhi Sawant threatens Censor Board with a ‘Bhookh Hartaal’

Rakhi Sawant and controversies go hand-in-hand. So, when Rakhi Sawant comes up with her first production venture under her banner Faith Inc., something or the other had to crop up. It went as such that censor board has objections to the word ‘Kamini’ in the song ‘Bhoot’ from IshQ Bector’s album. However, Rakhi is in no mood to do away with the word. Instead, she has given a week’s time to Censor Board and has threatened to go on a ‘Bhookh Hartaal’, if they do not give in.
Rakhi says, “I’ll wait for a week and then I go on a bhookh hartaal in front of the Censor office. I’ve sent a legal notice to the Censor Board. This is the first time something like this has happened. The members of the Board have done me an injustice by deleting the word ‘kamini’ from my song. Dharmendra has been saying the word ‘kaminey’ for years. Vishal Bhardwaj’s Kaminey came, were they asleep? If Rakhi Sawant sings Kamini Tera Bhoot Chad Gaya Re, they get stung. The song has been produced by my company Faith Inc. and I’m being damaged.”
Questioning about the vulgarity of the word ‘Kamini’ she says, “Kyon? In the trailers of Ishqiya they show Vidya Balan punch-drunk on television, and that too in a saree. Is that allowed in our culture? Ladkiyan khule-aam choli utaar rahi hai.
What was Choli Ke Peeche Kya Hai? What were they asking? We all know what’s behind the choli. If that can be air played for years why can’t my song be telecast?
In serials, we have men dragging their wives by their hair muttering. ‘Kamini main tujhe chodunga nahin.’ No one pays any attention. Why point a finger at me? Stop all the malpractice on television and I too will shut up.”
This is the first time, someone has challeneged censor board with a ‘Bhookh Hartaal’, but talking about Rakhi, we aren’t much surprised. Are we?

No comments:

Post a Comment